[nsp] Native IOS for 6509?

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Mon May 17 12:12:44 EDT 2004

I'm soliciting opinions and experiences for running Native code on a
6509 with a sup720.

The environment of interest would be running at least a dozen 6509s with
well populated ports containing 10/100/1000 Ethernet and an eye towards
10 gig.  The network would also have multicast (PIM-SM) widely deployed.

Ideally respondents should have been running Native for some time or
would have switched back to Hybrid recently due to problems.

I'd be especially interested in replies from large .edu's and those with
emails ending in @cisco.com.  :-)

If people would send replies privately I can summarize back to the list.

Thanks,

John