[nsp] NPE-G1 LNS / VRF dropped packets problem

Steve Colam steve.colam at pipex.net
Fri May 21 10:32:59 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Is anybody running 7200 NPEG1s for ADSL LNS boxes, specifically
where you are terminating PPP sessions into a VRF ? IE the
vpdn group uses a virtual-template that is set to drop
sessions into a named VRF ?

We have some problems with a tiny handful of users sessions
where traffic between ADSL CPE (that never leaves the LNS
to the next hop) are dropping packets, also traffic between
the CPE and LNS are dropping packets. Whereas traffic from
a next hop router (further upstream from the LNS) to CPE
is never dropped ?

This behaviour appears to be intermittant, and it smells of
CEF forwarding problems relating to the use of VRFs.... It
does not appear to be congestion within the ATM/l2tp cloud.

I've got a TAC case open (no response as yet).

We're running 12.2(15)T12 (enterprise release)

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Colam
PIPEX Communications