[c-nsp] CEF inconsistency with 12.2(25)S1

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Nov 1 12:29:20 EST 2004

It's something pretty new so I don't have a lot of
flying time with it yet but there are event traces
for CEF in new code.

See if you can catch a route that is broken and see
if it shows up changing in the event log.

103_#sh monitor event-trace cef ipv6 ?
  X:X:X:X::X  Show events relating to this prefix
  all         Show all the traces in current buffer
  back        Show trace from this far back in the past
  clock       Show trace from a specific clock time/date
  from-boot   Show trace from this many seconds after booting
  latest      Show latest trace events since last display
  parameters  Paramters of the trace

This way maybe we could catch some information prior to
it happening.  The problem is you don't know when the event
happens to collect the event logs so maybe have a script
that runs the command over and over periodically with the
latest option.

103_#sh monitor event-trace cef ipv6 latest

You could do that by hooking it in to a kron policy and
redirecting it to a file on an ftp server. :)

We don't have a RIB event log unfortunately yet.

Rodney