[c-nsp] What MTU for Bellsouth BBG / BRAS <-> LNS l2TP tunnel?

Phillip Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Mon Nov 1 22:10:58 EST 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 03:17:21PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> amazon is about as stupid about networking as the moslem world is
> about the current us government.  if they're doing something,
> there's a reason.  we can try to understand how this might not work

I find this hard to believe. Supposing they have a reason for having no
choice but to block the ICMP messages, surely they could turn the knobs
on their servers to stop trying to do path MTU discovery.

I guess we'll be able to stop speculating if you get an answer from
them.

-Phil

--
Q. Why can /dev/null accept only integers?  A. You can't sink a float