[c-nsp] BGP on 6400 NRP, anyone doing it?

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Tue Nov 2 15:51:35 EST 2004

Justin,

Thanks for replying.  In your situation with eBGP multihop, I can
understand where/why that can work, because basically the 6400 between
the customer and the mulithop router
merely has to default route to the multihop router, and the customer
will have next hop reachability.  But Its quite possible I may have
transit feeding on both sides of my
connection, so I can hardly go that route.

Tell me, you migrated away from the 6400 NRP2, but what did you
eventually go to?  I suppose just leaving ATM switches to switching and
routing to routers is probably
the best idea.  I can't imagine a 8510 + ARM or any of the other
options out there being much better for combined ATM/Routing at that
price level.

Brian