[c-nsp] BGP on 6400 NRP, anyone doing it?

Cisco List CiscoList at go180.net
Wed Nov 3 01:10:22 EST 2004

We're running BGP on our 6400 ( 4 NRPs currently) without any issues.
We aren't feeding them full tables however since that would likely make
them fall over pretty quickly.  Our main reason for running BGP on them
is to support MPLS VPNs for a bunch of DSL, T1, Ethernet, DS3, etc.
service interworking in support of an MPLS VPN solution set.

If we had a request to do full routes to a customer we'd first try to
talk them out of it and then fall back to a BGP multi-hop setup so they
could peer with a far more capable router.

Good luck,
Chad

Chad E Skidmore
One Eighty Networks, Inc. - AS12111