[c-nsp] snmp counters & mqc

joshua sahala jejs at sahala.org
Wed Nov 3 13:10:43 EST 2004

hello all,

there was mention on the list a few months ago about how the 3550
increments the snmp counter prior to applying the mqc policy, so i was
wondering how others dealt with that for billing purposes.

snmp is telling me that the customer is pushing ~4Mbps, while in
reality they are limited to 3Mbps...

class-map match-any all-out
  match ip dscp 0
class-map match-any all-in
  match access-group 100
!
policy-map 3mbit-in
  class all-in
    police 3000000 16000 exceed-action drop
policy-map 3mbit-out
  class all-out
    police 3000000 16000 exceed-action drop

currently, they are the only ones in the switch, so snmp on the uplink
to my router is reporting the correct number...but that isn't going to
help me when there are more customers provisioned

thoughts/comments/suggestions

thanks

/joshua