[c-nsp] Migration to Layer 3

Alexandra Alvarado aaaa at telconet.net
Thu Nov 4 18:38:57 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a big network witch around 50 cisco switches 3550; 20 cisco switches 2950 and 10 non cisco switches, I use for to have loop free the MSTP Protocol, and for to manage diferents VLANS 802.1q.  I think is time to migrate to layer 3, but; my problem is:

1) How to migrate to layer 3 do it in a transparent mode?
2) I don't want to change the configuration 802.1q with some of my clients. Or how to do to coexist layer 2 and layer 3?
3) Can protocols like SVIs, L2TP, VRF could help me to work with layer 2 and 3 on the switches at the same time?

Thanks

Alexandra Alvarado