[c-nsp] Automated configuration backup script

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Nov 5 09:17:31 EST 2004

> I have a similar perl script but it only supports the old cisco MIB for
> config uploads, support for which has been removed in some 12.2/12.3.
> The Extreme support seems somewhat dodgy (which is probably my poor coding
> - I just let it limp on). A copy of anything more robust would be
> appreciated.

The extreme support in my script hasn't been extensively tested, so mine
may be somewhat dodgy as well :-(  I no longer work at a place that uses
Extreme gear, so I can't do any further testing on those at the moment.

> One of the irritating things you have to do is strip out the lines that
> change every time (e.g. cisco's ntp clock-period) before checking into
> CVS.

Yes, I ran into that when I started developing the thing three years ago,
so a handful of lines get stripped out like you do now.

> I'm hoping to move to SCP direct copies where possible on platforms that
> support it.

SCP is on the list of things to support in the future for me.

jms