[c-nsp] Cisco NM-4E troubles?

Ilia Zubkov rx at nikogo.net
Fri Nov 5 09:38:35 EST 2004

We experience troubles while connecting NM-4E to 10BaseT ports of some
non-Cisco equipment.  (NM-4E is installed into Cisco 2650.)

Ethernet links to some non-Cisco boxes run just fine. But it refuses to
connect to some another non-Cisco parties reporting TX errors on ethernet
interface(s). Those errors do not depend on cable distance, but depend on
particular models of non-Cisco equipment only.

So, I wonder, what could be the reason: a broken blade that we have, a bug
of particular hardware revision of NM-4E, a software bug, or it is just a
feature?

Please, let me know. Thank you.

--
Ilia Zubkov,