[c-nsp] Automated configuration backup script

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Nov 5 13:29:40 EST 2004

>> Are you using local username/password pairs on the router, or are you
>> authenticating from a central TACACS/RADIUS server?
>
> Tacacs.

I'd guess that would depend on your TACACS server.  If it supports empty
passwords, it should work.  Note that the router may still prompt for a
password as a part of the TACACS login mechanism, but using a blank
password there could work.

I don't know for sure if this will work, I'd have to try it out in the
lab, but don't have a working TACACS server down there at the moment.

jms