[c-nsp] 7600 vs 12404

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Mon Nov 8 08:39:55 EST 2004

> So, if you would like to use two different subinterfaces, both with
> 'encapsulation dot1q 100', it can't be done as would expect of a *true*
> router.
>
> I'm still wondering how this 'internal Vlan' will treat a incoming BPDU...

If you use the box for pure L3, I see no reason why you would want to
run STP at all. As far as I remember, if you configure a 6500 (or for
instance a 3550) with only L3 ports, no STP is run by default (why
should it?).

If the box reacts to incoming BPDUs when no STP is configured I would
classify it as a pretty serious bug.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no