[c-nsp] Forgetting switch

Michael Axelrod axelrod1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 19:42:49 EST 2004

good writeup on the subject:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801d0808.shtml#cause1

Take a look at the itneresting troubelshooting  steps with Cat2948G.
Cisco suggested a couple of remedies, preferred is:
a..
  1.. the MAC aging time and ARP timeout to the same timeout value.
  2.. The preferable method is to change the MAC aging time to 14,400
seconds. The configuration guidelines are listed below.
  a..
    1.. CatOS
  set cam agingtime vlan agingtime_in_msec
  b.. IOS/2900 XL/3500 XL

  mac-address-table aging-time seconds [vlan vlan]

Mike