[c-nsp] Cisco 4507R

Dave Breiland superdave at dynamicis.com
Tue Nov 9 16:22:33 EST 2004

I am looking at purchasing a Cisco 4507R with dual redundant SupIV.
However I want to make sure I am buying what I want/need!  I basically
am looking to get a scaled down version of a 6509 with a SUP2 & MSFC.
Will the 4500 SUP IV card allow the same functionality as the MSFC?

Aside from backplane speed, what is the lowest SUP module I can get on a
4500 that would provide full routing like the MSFC?

Does anyone on the list use a 4500 for this purpose?

Thanks,
Dave