[c-nsp] Cisco 3750G-24TS Bandwidth Limiting

Nick Shah Nick.Shah at aapt.com.au
Tue Nov 9 19:23:18 EST 2004

Steve

3750 supports shaping on egress (aggregate & individual), and policing
on ingress. The steps to do it are

- Enable QOS globally (mls qos)
- Classify packets
	- This can be done in many ways, including port trust, trust
COS, DSCP etc.
	- Standard way of doing it is match on MAC & IP on ingress (and
match on DSCP for egress bound traffic)
- Create aggregate policers
- Create class maps
- Bind them in a policy map
- Apply policy map according to direction

Eg.

Mls qos

! Create aggregate policers to police @ 75mbits

mls qos aggregate-policer 75M-epolicer#1 75000000 937500 exceed-action
drop (egress aggregate policer)
mls qos aggregate-policer 75M-ipolicer#1 75000000 937500 exceed-action
drop (ingress aggregate policer)
!
! ACL for matching on MAC

mac access-list extended L2
 permit any any

! ACL for matching on IP

access-list 100 permit ip any any

! Class maps
!
class-map match-all L2-traffic
  match access-group name L2
class-map match-all DSCPOLICE
  match ip dscp 0 63
class-map match-all IP-traffic
  match access-group 100
!
! Bind everythign to the policy maps
policy-map 75M-egress#1
  class DSCPOLICE
    police aggregate 75M-epolicer#1
policy-map 75M-igress#1
  class IP-traffic
    police aggregate 75M-ipolicer#1
  class L2-traffic
    police aggregate 75M-ipolicer#1

! Apply to interface

interface FastEthernet0/4
 switchport access vlan xxx
 no ip address
 duplex full
 speed 100
 service-policy input 75M-igress
 service-policy output 75M-egress
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
end
!
!
Verify QOS
!
!
Xxxx#sh mls qos interface fa0/4 statistics
FastEthernet0/4
Ingress
  dscp: incoming   no_change  classified policed    dropped (in bytes)
Others: 186570420  3424803869 1056733847 0          0
Egress
  dscp: incoming   no_change  classified policed    dropped (in bytes)
Others: 2323178989    n/a       n/a      0          150440940

There is also provision for 4 SRR queues (on egress, I think), along
with WTD... But for most of policing requirements the above should be
sufficient.

Hth

Nick