[c-nsp] IPIPGW on 72xx VXR

Nikos Leontsinis nikos at oteglobe.net
Wed Nov 10 08:46:15 EST 2004

Why does the performance of the routers seem to be limited to 500 calls? Is
it possible to get more calls supported?

A. Currently, a socket limitation in the gateways limits the number of calls
possible with H.323v2 to about 500. With H.323v3 and H.323v4, an additional
feature called TCP multiplexing can increase the ratio of calls to sockets,
but unless a correct mix of v2 and v3/v4 calls can be determined, it is
better to rely on the performance numbers

see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_qand
a_item09186a00801da69b.shtml

Nikos

msn id: leontsinis at hotmail.com
ICQ Number:  201-100-938

> This doesn't seem to be a complete list:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_dat
a_sheet09186a00801da698.html

I'd be glad if somebody can point me out to a newer documentation regarding
the feature.

Thanks,

roy

believed to be clean.