[c-nsp] PIX error using fixup smtp

Niels Bakker niels=cisco-nsp at bakker.net
Wed Nov 10 19:45:40 EST 2004

* signal at shreve.net (Brian Feeny) [Wed 10 Nov 2004, 23:38 CET]:
> I have a PIX running 6.3(3) and it has fixup smtp enabled.
>
> When a remote client tries to send an unsupported command, such as
> EHLO, i am seeing the mailserver drop the connection immediatly.

This is exactly why you do not want a PIX to "fix" smtp for you.

Seriously, if you want to see what's going on, get tcpdump and look at
what's going over the wire as obviously the client gets confused by
something the pix says, and it's not obvious from the logs (at least to
me) what that might be.

	-- Niels.