[c-nsp] 7206/NPE-300 with 512 Mb DRAM

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Nov 12 13:20:43 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm wondering if one of you has already tried running a 7206/NPE-300
with 512 Mb DRAM (2x 256 Mb DIMM), and if yes, did it work?

Please don't tell me "CCO says it's not supported" - I know that :-) -
but there are some hidden surprises in these boxes.  Officially, the
NPE-225 also did only support 128 Mb for the longest time, and only
after some people figured out that 256 Mb works well, one of the 12.0S
release notes said "it's officially supported now!"...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de