[c-nsp] BGP default route with multi ISPs

Noriega, Alejandro ANoriega at prima.com.ar
Tue Nov 16 16:12:11 EST 2004

I have a doubt about an implementation of this feature.
I have 3 upstream providers. I receive a default route form each one. The upstream bandwidth is the same.
I want to do load-sharing between these upstreams. Could I generate a conditional default route (only generate it if match the upstream one) and inject this to my backbone router. Doing this on my 3 border router I'd be receiving in my backbone router 3 default routes vía iBGP with my AS and I'd use the command "maximum-paths ibgp 3". Could this implementation work? Anyone did it?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Alejandro.