[c-nsp] VPN Concentrator routing

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Tue Nov 16 18:27:51 EST 2004

It looks like on the VPN 3000, you can Override the Tunnel Default
Gateway, to support
hairpinning (back out the same interface it was received) traffic for
remote vpn's.

Something tells me the linksys, netgears, etc type devices probably
only let you
configure one "remote vpn network", and wont allow static routes to
work over
the VPN.  I mean I will try it, but I am skeptical if you can have
multiple networks
"reachable" over a vpn on a small cpe like linksys/netgear etc.

I think if I can get the remote to send the traffic to the vpn3000
tunnel, then the vpn3000
can deal with it by using the "override tunnel default gateway"
functionality, so that it uses
its own RIB to direct traffic.

If anyone has done this, multiple remote networks off a linksys/netgear
going thru a vpn3000,
please let me know.

Brian

------
Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP    	e: signal at shreve.net
Network Engineer           			p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc.             			f: 318.221.6612