[c-nsp] BGP Architecture Question

Christopher Martinsen cmartinsen at viatraining.com
Tue Nov 16 18:46:48 EST 2004

I am going to be setting up BGP for my company.

I have secured two T1 circuits, each from different ISP's.
I have secured an AS number for my organization.
I have secured a full class C address space.

The question that I have is about architecture.

I will have each T1 going into a seperate router. I have
one Cisco 2621 and one Cisco 2621XM.

I believe that with BGP the incoming traffic will be somewhat
load balanced as well as connectivity for my organization will
be redundant should one of the circuit go down.

I want to know the best way to architect the LAN side of the
connection. I will have:

	T1		T1
	\		/
	 \	       /
	 Router	     Router
	    \	     /
	      Switch

	    PIX Firewall

If I put a switch between the firewall and routers. How can I set the
outbound traffic to be load balanced?

I'm not sure what options are available to me. I'm hoping
that someone can provide me with some options and insights
on the best way to architect this.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Christopher Martinsen		1620 SW Taylor, Suite 200
Network Systems Manager		Portland, OR 97205

		   cmartinsen at viatraining.com