[c-nsp] Flash Disks...

Dave Breiland superdave at dynamicis.com
Wed Nov 17 03:26:13 EST 2004

I currently have a 1605R with a 4MB Flash disk.  I wanted to put a 6MB
image on the device, so obviously I need to upgrade the flash disk.  I
was hoping to use a 16MB compact flash (which came with my digital
camera) with a PCMCIA to Compact Flash adapter to provide the necessary
space.  Unfortunately the current image, c1600-12.0(12), does not have a
"format" option.  The closest available option is "partition", which
causes an error and reboot.

I do have access to a 6509 w/ a SUP module.  Will I be able to format
the compact flash on the 6509 and then put it into the 1605R?... or are
they different filesystem formats?

Why doesn't the c1600 image I currently have, contain a "format" option?

Thanks for the help!

Dave