[c-nsp] PIX nat question

Robert Geller rgeller at terremark.com
Thu Nov 18 17:11:15 EST 2004

I have a PIX 515 running 6.3 code (I believe) and have a very basic
setup.  I have a few static translations for traffic from the outside
to map to inside hosts.  What I need to do, is NAT these connections
behind the inside interface of the PIX.  Currently,
the static NAT is translating the destination, and keeping the source
as the original client IP.  I would like to change this, so the source
is also NAT'd and the internal hosts see the connections coming from
the PIX or some specified IP that isnt the client source.

Im not sure if something like this would work:

nat (outside) 0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

I suppose if I needed to, I can set up a global pool with 1 IP
and Im not sure if this would work either:

global (inside) 1 XX.XX.XX.XX
nat (outside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Rob