[c-nsp] 7500 / Images w/o ethernet support?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Nov 20 17:13:55 EST 2004

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 02:02:00PM -0800, Bryan wrote:
> I think the problem resides in the fact you are trying to use PA-FE's on a
> vip and not a FEIP.  Most IOS i've seen won't let you use PA-FE's on a vip
> of any kind and require you to use the FEIP or FEIP+ for ethernet.

No, this is confusing things with the GEIP (PA-GE not working in a
standard VIP, while the GEIP is nothing more than a VIP+PA-GE with
different ROM).

PA-FE and PA-2FE onboard of a VIP2 is a supported combination.  There
are some known caveats (certain revisions of PA-2FE and VIP2-50s are
incompatible), but even then the VIP2-40s should be visible in "show
version".

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de