[c-nsp] 7500 / Images w/o ethernet support?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Nov 21 04:05:19 EST 2004

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 12:13:24AM -0500, Tuc wrote:
> 	Thats one of the issues we also might be running into. A
> tech friend of mine mentioned a VIP2-40 should have 64 on them, but these
> came with only 32. The SIMMS he has are only 16M each, so no matter what
> he supposedly can only get the memory up to 32M no matter how he moves
> memory around.

With 12.0S, IOS on a 64-Mb VIP2 leaves about 36 Mb "free" (dCEF disabled
due to memory pressure).  As 12.2(25)S has much more features in it,
chances are good that it will not fit into 32 Mb VIP2 memory anymore -
indeed.

In this case, there *should* be something on the serial console while the
router is booting...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de