[c-nsp] Growing BGP tables

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Sun Nov 21 17:15:30 EST 2004

> Our consequence is that we'll start to filter out large parts of the
> /24s
> cluttering the routing table.  We're certainly not going to invest LOTS
> of money just because other people think they can be lazy and not
> aggregate (or because they have some confused ideas about "this is the
> only way we can prevent route hijacks").

And I hope that when that time comes the filtering of /24's is done
with a little restraint and sanity.  I know that in many places,
Australia in particular, there are lots and lots of /24's in use that
were allocated by the RIR of the time.  Dropping them would certainly
cause problems.  The old C Class space will need to be excluded from
filters if we are to avoid these sort of problems.

David