[c-nsp] Different Traffic thru BGP links

BRA-SAO-Tomaiz,Anderson Goncalves atomaiz at impsat.com
Mon Nov 22 13:23:32 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where an ISP (running BGP) will have two links with my AS backbone.
In one of them it must allow to pass only peering traffic (from two other providers that I have direct connection) and thru the other one normal internet traffic.
To route traffic inbound my AS is simple. Only using local-preference in the BGP at the customer side, but the problem is how to route traffic outbound my AS to the customer side, since the prefixes announced are keeped at the same routing table and are the same on both links.
Use PBR is not desirable, cause there are too many prefixes and to much traffic thru these connections. I'm also running MPLS VPN in my backbone, if it has some solution based on this.

Does anyone has a solution or see it before?

Thanks for help!

Anderson