[c-nsp] BGP --> EIGRP redistribution

Tim Devries tdevries at northrock.bm
Mon Nov 22 15:41:52 EST 2004

Hi,

I've recently attempted redistribution of two networks learned from bgp into

my igp (EIGRP) using a route map.

Basic configuration looks like this:

!
router eigrp xxxyy
 redistribute connected
 redistribute static
 redistribute bgp xxxyy route-map BGP-EIGRP-Redist
!
!
route-map BGP-EIGRP-Redist permit 1
 match ip address prefix-list GlobalNetworks
 set metric 6500 1 255 1 1500
!

ip prefix-list GlobalNetworks seq 1 permit 206.x.x.x/17
ip prefix-list GlobalNetworks seq 2 permit 152.x.x.x/16

When I do a 'show ip eigrp top 206.x.x.x/17', it returns "%
IP-EIGRP (AS xxxyy): Route not in topology table".

On this router the bgp routes are learned via iBGP, however I have tried to
redistribute these two routes into EIGRP on other routers in my AS that
learn these routes directly from the peer (routes are tagged
external) and I've had no luck there either.

Is there something I am missing?  I feel like I have tried every
configuration from here to sundry, but nothing will redistribute from BGP
into EIGRP.  The connected and static networks redistribute without issue.

Thanks in advance,

Tim