[c-nsp] Growing BGP tables

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon Nov 22 17:16:27 EST 2004

Hey Rodney,

How about ...

for each prefix received in update
   for each more specific prefix in RIB
     if RIB prefix ge /24 and same next hop as update prefix
       drop RIB prefix
   if update prefix ge /24
     for each less specific prefix in RIB
       if RIB next hop same as update next hop
         drop update prefix

something like that would filter during the update and wouldn't require
another full copy of the table to be held.  I'm sure you guys could
come up with something more efficient but the basic idea would work
wouldn't it?

David