[c-nsp] Strange Cisco Behavior

Alexandra Alvarado aaaa at telconet.net
Tue Nov 23 15:06:34 EST 2004

Hello,

PROBLEM: Today I had the same problem 3 times.  I use Catalyst 3550 switches.  The problem was that suddenly clients loss the internet access service; and the switch that conects this clients lost "the routing capacity", what I mean is that
I can access via telnet to that switch only since another device with the same network, after reboot the switch
all was fine.  But I can't find any cause of this problem and I don't have any syslog message.

I saw some inconsistency in the switch configuration:

1)  "spanning-tree bpduguard enable" this is in ports thas no has "spanning-tree portfast"
2)  spanning-tree portfast
     spanning-tree bpduguard enable
     "spanning-tree guard root" this command has no consistency with bpudguard

Could this configuration cause the problem mentioned above, and If no what could be the real cause of the problem?

Thanks

Alexandra Alvarado