[c-nsp] tftp IOS image using 3CServer

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Wed Nov 24 14:20:40 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:14:30 -0000
"Nic McCartney" <nic at gblx.net> wrote:

> I have been trying to get a 19Mb IOS image onto a router using
> 3CServer. EVERYTIME it cans out at 16773120 bytes. It is really
> wierd, this it to different routers, different slots, different
> PCMCIA cards and types (e.g ata and the other type). Is there some
> limitation or something causing this.

I ran into a problem similar to this awhile back.  There is a 32 MB
file size limitation with tftp as I recall, but even worse, some
implementations are apparently using a signed int somewhere so that
the limitation is actually half that, or 16 MB.  If you can get the
code there another way (e.g. ftp, rcp, flash card) that would work
around the limitation.  Having scp would also be nice, but that is
not available for most systems if at all on any IOS box yet.

John