[c-nsp] CSCeg25715, (3750 BGP not receiving same queue as OSPF)

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 25 07:43:43 EST 2004

 Anyone not running or planning to run BGP on 3750 should probably skip
this.

Topology: A-3750-B

3750-B are running OSPF and BGP.
A is sending DoS against 3750 control plane.

OSPF will stay up, 3750 will forward packets.
BGP will go down, and will stay down until DoS stops.

 Reason is that OSPF is given special queue while BGP has to share queue
with 'rest' unclassified packets. Workaround is to use CPP, but personally
I was unable to keep BGP up regardless of CPP configurations.

 My sales engineer told me that this is really product enhacement, and
getting this 'fixed' would be easier, if there are more people requesting
it. So I'd greatly appreciate anyone who runs BGP today on 3750 would
email their SE and CC my SE and ask this bug to be fixed, for those of
who want this fixed, please email me, and I'll give my SE's email address.

Thanks,
--
  ++ytti