[c-nsp] How to tune multicast RPF checking?

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Nov 26 07:05:27 EST 2004

> Starting with 6.2 you could configure PIX as IGMP proxy so GRE is
> not needed

 Thank you, I wasn't aware of this feature.

 I tested the IGMP proxy feature with PIX 501 and it seemd to work. At
 least it is able to transmit Palaces Over The World session and at
 same time I can download files over http.

 Is there any performance issues when the IGMP proxy feature is
 enabled? There are some MPEG-2 multicast streams people here like to
 receive. If there are five of those passing through a PIX 525 what
 will happen? Will the firewall forward the packets easily? Will it
 practically die?

 Cheers,

--
- Matti -