[c-nsp] 7500 / Images w/o ethernet support?

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Fri Nov 26 21:50:18 EST 2004

> Actually that doesn't match with my own experience.  The memory
> configuration does determine which VIP2 you have.  A VIP2 without enough
> DRAM will not show up in the hardware list under IOS 12.3 and possibly
> 12.2 as well.  If you downgrade to an earlier IOS version it will show up.
> This is actually a documented problem in CCO but I don't have the Cisco
> URL handy.  It's easily reproducible by moving DRAM around between
> different VIP2s.

I had thought it would mark the VIP2s as present but
bad/unuseable/unsupported rather than just "dissapearing" them. I think
someone else said they will dissapear if they have insufficient memory,
which was a surprise to me. All my VIP2s are VIP2-40s with at least 32MB,
so I can't test the earlier versions easily :-)

     -Bill