[c-nsp] need an idea -- router's all TCP sessions STUCK

Kinczli Zoltán Zoltan.Kinczli at Synergon.hu
Sun Nov 28 13:48:10 EST 2004

Hello,

  i'd need an idea here...

A router (c72k w NPE-G1, 12.3(6a)) runs OSPF, and MP-BGP, it's an MPLS/VPN PE.
Roughly in each 2,5-3 hours all of its TCP sessions (LDP and BGP) get stucked: hold timer exp, nbr down.

Strange:
   all OSPF neighbors are up and happy
   router can only ping neighbors via serial interfaces
        there are ATM uplinks, and serial 'downlink' to other/further PEs and CEs
   router can not initiate TCP sessions via the 'pingable' serial I/Fs,  ... nor via the others

A clear ip route * solves the issue!

all of the following together won't solve the issue though:
- shut/no shut on I/Fs with routing sources behind them (ospf neighbors),
- clear ip ospf proc
- clear adj
- clear tcp tcb *
- clear ip bg ne *

what's the difference between the clear ip route * and them?

there is plenty of contniuous free mem available... just before all of you ask:

router#sh mem summ
                Head    Total(b)     Used(b)     Free(b)   Lowest(b)  Largest(b)
Processor   62C7A200   456678912    28742624   427936288   425854868   425109588
      I/O    E000000    33554432     9864712    23689720    22977192    23398272

other info:

in  deb ip tcp trans there are lots of:
>> Nov 27 22:19:18.587 CET: TCP: Alert! Received a broadcast packet from x.y.z.o
        from different sources, not our address space

thanks for any idea
  -zoltan

Ez az üzenet és a hozzá kapcsolódó fájlok, tervezetek kizárólag a
Címzettnek szólnak, a bennük foglalt információk bizalmasak, melyek
titokban maradásához a Synergon Informatika Rt.-nek jogilag méltányolható
érdeke fuzodik. Amennyiben valamely hiba folytán Ön nem a címzettje ennek a
levélnek, kérjük, semmisítse meg, és értesítse az üzenet küldojét. Az
üzenet az elküldés elott vírusellenorzésen esett át, de a vírusmentességére
nincs semmilyen garancia, ezért kérjük, ellenorizze azt!

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. The content of this e-mail is subject of efforts by Synergon to
maintain its confidentiality. Also this e-mail is intended for the sole use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
addressee, and received this transmission in error please delete this
e-mail and notify its sender immediately. This e-mail message has been
checked for computer viruses but it could still be infected. Please test it
for viruses before use.