[c-nsp] CISCO-ATM-PVC-MIB question

Phillip Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Sun Nov 28 17:02:27 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get fetch the bindings of ATM PVCs to VLANs from ATM
blades in Catalysts. The only MIB that I found that could do this is
CISCO-ATM-PVC-MIB.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.94.1

The problem with this MIB is that is appears to merge all ATM blades
in the Catalyst into one. There appears to be no way to tell which ATM
port a particular VPI/VCI is actually configured on. In other words,
when I snmpwalk this MIB on a Catalyst with two WS-X5158 blades, I get
merged information from both cards. (I wonder what would happen if the
same VPI/VCI was defined on both cards?)

There is an index field "capvcPort" in the MIB that is supposed to
disambiguate between multiple ports, but I can't tell what it's supposed
to stand for and it's always equal to "1" anyway.

Does anyone know how I can get around this, or perhaps a different MIB
I can use to get the same information?

Thanks

Running cat5000-sup3.5-5-13a.bin

-Phil