[c-nsp] TACACS auth on PIX

mikus der.mikus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 00:30:08 EDT 2004

Prit,

  As far as I know, you can't configure pixen for authentication
backup methods as you do in ios.  It's a real PITA, but something I
believe is still fact.  If the tacacs server is unavailable, the only
thing you can do is leave console as local, or open your other remote
telnet/ssh vty with local auth and lock it down to a *secure* ip as a
filthy hack.  I'd prefer if I at least had an option for local auth,
but cisco chooses not to extend its basic aaa functionality on the
pix.  Feature request!

  Aside from that, it's fairly easy:

aaa-server your_acs protocol tacacs+
aaa-server your_acs (internal) host 1.1.1.1 changeme_pass timeout 5
aaa-server your_acs (transit) host 2.2.2.2 changeme_pass timeout 5
aaa authentication serial console LOCAL
aaa authentication ssh console your_acs
aaa authentication http console your_acs

-mb