[c-nsp] Remote shutdown of a vip2/50

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Oct 3 01:53:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 06:52:26PM +0100, Steve Lalonde wrote:
> I wont be ably to access the router physicaly until Tuesday (argh)
> only customer on the vip is also connected via a backup link so what I
> would like to do is shut the vip down so it stops rebooting.

Just a shot in the dark: will it also crash if you shutdown all
interfaces on the VIP?

(I have a 7507 with a VIP2-50 and PA-2FE that crashes upon seeing big
packets on the 2nd FE port... - not using the fa0/0/1 will make it work
perfectly well)

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * Anissaras, Kreta *