[c-nsp] Top X ASN with flowscan / flow-tools anyone doing it?

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Sun Oct 3 12:01:36 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:09:47 -0500
Brian Feeny <signal at shreve.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has a report or script they could share to
> generate Top X ASN.

Do you use flow-tools?  You could use flow-stat or flow-report.

  <http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/>

CUFlow can help graph top ASNs for you:

  <http://www.columbia.edu/acis/networks/advanced/CUFlow/>

A while back I setup some hacky scripts to do recurring reports for
top TCP/UDP port usage.  It is based on flow-tools.  It may be a
little more work to do this, but here is what I described:

  <http://mailman.splintered.net/pipermail/flow-tools/2004-July/002233.html>

The DePaul approach used flow-tools underneath as I recall, but a bit
differently.

John