[c-nsp] Top X ASN with flowscan / flow-tools anyone doing it?

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Sun Oct 3 14:20:48 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:58:08 -0500
Brian Feeny <signal at shreve.net> wrote:

> Yes I have CUFlow installed, but I don't see where it has the ability
> to do anything
> with ASN, at least in release version 1.5. Perhaps I am missing
> something.

This would be better moved to the CUFlow mailing list, but quickly,
see the documentation regarding ASNumber:

  <http://www.columbia.edu/acis/networks/advanced/CUFlow/CUFlow.html>

You have to configure the specific ASNs you want to monitor, which is
not conducive to monitoring a volatile top 10 list however.  For that,
the flow-tools flow-stat or flow-report tools would be more useful,
but then you might want to apply some front-ends so the output is the
what you want.  That was the idea behind my post on the flow-tools
list I pointed you to.

John