[c-nsp] OSPF NSSA Question

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Oct 3 20:02:38 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Dan Armstrong wrote:

> Yeah, I guess that's why I am confused.... why do the routers in the
> stub/nssa area need any information other than a default route?

They don't but I don't think you can stop them from learning all the
routes from their area.  If you want to be able to pick and choose what
they announce and what they receive, use BGP and your choice of
prefix-lists/route-maps/distribute-lists, etc.

> Even if the area is setup totall stubby (no summary) or not, the same
> effect occurs.  The intra area routes still get propagated...

If it's totally stubby, aren't the access routers unable to propogate
customer routes into area 0?