[c-nsp] OSPF NSSA Question

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Sun Oct 3 23:17:34 EDT 2004

On Oct 3, 2004, at 8:01 PM, Dan Armstrong wrote:

> We "try" and keep the cusotmer's subnets as contiguous as possible,
> but as people move around the network, summarization becomes
> difficult.
> I have no problem with making an OSPF area for each access router... I
> have been told that I might blow up the 6509 pretty quickly, but who
> knows.
> I am also considering if EIGRP would be a better way to implement
> this....

If your cisco homogenous then go for it, or if you dont mind
redistributing igp's into eachother, because you KNOW  your going to
have a device added someday that doesn't speak EIGRP.

I do find EIGRP more "solid".  OSPF has been with us so long, and yet I
would argue that every single vendor's implementation is broke.  I say
that because I have never seen bug free ospf.  The whole "Every area
must be connected to the backbone" thing can really suck for some
topologies too.  I have heard that alot of NSP's running very large
IGP's use IS-IS.

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP
Network Engineer