[c-nsp] 7200 vs. 7600

F. David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Mon Oct 4 13:55:35 EDT 2004

What Supervisor are you looking to use in your 7600?  That will
determine some of the answers to your questions below.

The only one that is consistent is the re-use of dot1q tags.  Since the
7600 is a ethernet switch at heart, using the same tag on two
interfaces puts them on the same broadcast domain.  Also, I don't
believe that they have implement the physical sub-interface style of
configuration for dot1q as the regular routers do, so you would have to
migrate to VLAN interfaces to support dot1q (please correct me if this
has been fixed).

David