[c-nsp] Service Policy limitation

Amol Sapkal amolsapkal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 09:36:57 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:48:03 -0400, Rodney Dunn <rodunn at cisco.com> wrote:
> What are you trying to do with it?

Actually, I dont see a need to implement it on a FA on a production
network for queuing(queuing will come in picture on exit interfaces),
but I was looking at a solution of:
1.blocking HTTP urls and hosts on a service policy and try to apply it
on the FA.
2.limiting tcp syn floods.

The bandwidth stmt was asked in regards with point 2.

Another problem is, I am already running CAR on the fa port.

> On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 12:35:06PM +0530, Amol Sapkal wrote:
> > Guys,
> > I am trying to figure out hard, is it possible to apply a service
> > policy on an gig or a Fa port?
> >
> > If yes, will it really enhance performance (considering the bandwidth
> > available on an ethernet port is huge)
> >
> > I do have quiet a number of 7513s, but all are in production and cant
> > try it out there.
> > --
> > Warm Regds,
> >
> > Amol Sapkal