[c-nsp] Commited Access Rate on dot1q subif on Cisco 7500

Sorin CONSTANTINESCU consta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:52:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

I was looking on a document from Cisco regarding Commited Access Rate
(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/qos_c/qcpart1/qccar.htm).
It says here that:

"The rate policies can be independent; each rate policy deals with a
different type of traffic. Alternatively, rate policies can be
cascading; a packet can be compared to multiple different rate
policies in succession. You can configure up to 20 rate policies on a
subinterface."

... but they don't say what happens if you add more.

We have, in production, more than 25 rate policies on one
subinterface, and it seems to work.

Has anyone had problems with more that 20 rate policies on a subif?

TIA
--
Sorin CONSTANTINESCU
consta at gmail.com