[c-nsp] ATOM Basic Question

Yasser Aly yasser.aly at noorgroup.net
Mon Oct 11 08:28:20 EDT 2004

Hello,

  With MPLS-VPN the provider is involved in the customer routing. That's to
say the CE next hop is the PE router of the provider.

   Now, if I am having a customer where he is having Frame-Relay L2 service.
The provider role here is on L2 level only and L3 is done between customer
router only. Now if I am interested to offer ATOM such that the customer is
still getting from me Frame-Relay service and it is carried over the MPLS
backbone. What will be the next-hop for the customer? Will it be the
provider PE router - like the case of MPLS-VPN -, or the Provider routers
will be totally transparent for the customer and the customer next-hop will
be his other branch ?

Thanx for clarification.

Regards,
Yasser