[c-nsp] Reading config from disk0: on 7204VXR?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Oct 12 12:10:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Mike Bacher wrote:

> We are using a 7204VXR/NPE300/256MB for our DSL agg w/RBE (bridging).
> As such, we have an ATM subint for every DSL customer.  Our config is
> growing rather large, and with 128K of NVRAM, we are forced to compress
> the config when writing.  Writes are starting to take forever, which
> impacts our automated DSL provisioning tool.  We have a 128MB flash disk

Don't mean to hijack...but what is your "automated DSL provisioning tool"?
We're about to roll out resi-DSL again and are looking at what our options
are for creating the ATM subinterfaces necessary for each customer without
having to either have senior noc people do it or give conf t access to
people who really aren't qualified to wield it.