[c-nsp] ip load-sharing per-packet and RPF

Marr, Joe jmarr at brodart.com
Tue Oct 12 16:05:20 EDT 2004

Thanks for the info folks.

Joe Marr

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Dills [mailto:andy at xecu.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 3:58 PM
To: Marr, Joe
Cc: Rey Martin; cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] ip load-sharing per-packet and RPF

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Marr, Joe wrote:

> I believe the inbound is identical. This setup was done before my time
> (I've only been here for a few months). They statically point the
routes
> to their serial for me. I'm told that the T1's are on the same router
on
> their side, and based on the way they addressed the IPs for them
> (sequential /30s) it appears so.
>
> Inbound and outbound traffic stats are identical.
>
> I guess that I didn't ask the question right, what I wanted to know
is,
> can the two commands work together, and if so is this a routing issue.

Before going forward, I would make sure your ISP, if using uRPF, is
using
loose instead of strict, or even suggest they just an ACL instead.

Since you're just using dual default routes, there isn't any point in
you
running uRPF on your upstream serial interfaces, just on your ethernet
interface (and any other downstream ints). So disable it entirely on
your
serial interfaces.

That's about all there is to say about it...should work fine when
configured correctly.

Andy

---
Andy Dills