[c-nsp] Reading config from disk0: on 7204VXR?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Oct 12 18:37:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 03:43:43PM -0500, Mike Bacher wrote:

> Jon Lewis wrote:
>
> >Don't mean to hijack...but what is your "automated DSL provisioning tool"?
> >We're about to roll out resi-DSL again and are looking at what our options
> >are for creating the ATM subinterfaces necessary for each customer without
> >having to either have senior noc people do it or give conf t access to
> >people who really aren't qualified to wield it.
>
> We've got a web interface that stores the VPI/VCI info for each customer
> in a SQL back-end, along with all associated IP routes (we do all static
> IPs for customers, no DHCP or PPPoE).  The interface will basically
> telnet into the router and issue the necessary conf commands to
> provision/deprovision customers, etc.

	You may want to look at the configuration managment stuff
that recently showed up in 12.2S and 12.3T.

	I've posted about it a few times, we're waiting on a few bugfixes
in our environment, once things get moving it will allow machine generated
configs to be used instead of the ones the cisco generates with
"wr m".

	This will help a lot with our automated provisioning..

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net