[c-nsp] Strange TACACS Errors.

James Galliford JamesG at corp.ptd.net
Wed Oct 13 16:33:53 EDT 2004

For the last couple of weeks we have been experiencing some weird
authentication failures on a group of routers that authenticate off of
the same TACACS server.  We're experiencing TACACS aborts that are
incrementing on our routers and we see the errors as noted below on the
server itself.  Has anyone seen this problem before on the TACACS
server?  If possible, could you let me know of a fix for it as I don't
seem to be able to find the problem on either end of the connection.

Oct 13 14:58:57 sectvwb tac_plus[3736]: Error this.box tty2: Null reply
packet, expecting CONTINUE
Oct 13 16:32:08 sectvwb tac_plus[5050]: Error this.box tty2: Null reply
packet, expecting CONTINUE

Thanks.

-James